I've been thinking a lot recently about what I want to do in the future, where I see my life going, etc. Like everyone, I'm sure, I read those online articles about "What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Younger", "What I'd Tell My Younger Self", and the like, and they all say along the lines of 'pursue what makes you happy,' 'follow your heart', 'find your passion', or similar sorts of pseudo-motivational messages.
However, it's true. Life is too short to be doing things that you're not passionate about, so with that in mind, I wrote down the things that I am passionate about, the things I can talk about for hours on end and the things that really excite me.
I then looked at these elements and tried to think of ways to combine them; ways in which I can work that excite and motivate me.
What I am Passionate About
* Theatre and New Theatre Development (Drama, Dance, Cabaret)
* New Artist Development (Mentoring, Development Schemes, Outreach)
* Supporting Children & Young People (especially disenfranchised, at risk or in need)
* Empowerment through Creativity
* Charity (especially MySmallHelp)
What I Want To Do
* Combine my passions
* Work as a dramaturg to support, develop and create new writers, artists, performers and practitioners and push the boundaries of theatrical experience.
* Co-ordinate through artist development within an organization (or by creating my own organization) to liaise and create opportunities for performance, development, outreach and cross-cultural exchange.
There was more that I came up with but some of it was deeply personal or a 'pipe-dream' so to speak, and I don't want to make everything public! :D
So, feedback, ideas and suggestions welcome; which careers or routes will allow me to combine my passions, and what do I need to do to get there?